Revision surgery of the breast deals with any issues relating to aesthetic or reconstructive surgery that may have been performed.
Dr Michael Yunaev recommends Breast Implant Revision if you develop any of the following problems:
- Asymmetry – breasts that are dissimilar or lopsided
- Bottoming Out – implant has dropped below nipple – nipple sits too high on breast
- Capsular Contracture – a complication resulting in hardening of the implant pocket
- Double Bubble – a crease across the lower part of the augmented breast (2 breast mounds)
- Implant Removal – removing ageing or unwanted implants
- Implant Removal and Replacement – typically for a modern implant or size change
- Rippling or Wrinkling – wavy, unnatural skin texture usually on top of breast
- Ruptured Implant – to remove, rectify and possibly replace an implant
- Symmastia – implants too close together crossing the midline (creating a uniboob)
Or if you have been disappointed by surgery performed elsewhere and now want Dr Michael Yunaev to review and revise their surgery. At Breast & Body Clinic our overall goal is to restore a youthful breast contour and appearance.
Even if your breast implant surgery was perfectly planned and beautifully executed, changes can occur over time.
The following are some common reasons why you may want to consider breast revision:
- You are in good health.
- You are not a smoker.
- You wish to increase or decrease the size of your breasts.
- You wish to correct breast asymmetry.
- You want to address problems that have developed with your implants and/or surrounding breast tissue.
- Pregnancy and/or breast-feeding have changed the appearance of your implants.
- Weight loss or weight gain has negatively affected the appearance of your breast implants.
- You should have undergone a breast lift with your initial augmentation, but did not.
- You are unhappy with the results of previous surgery due to poor implant placement or other aesthetic problems.
- You wish to remove your breast implants permanently.
If you are in good general health, have a positive attitude and realistic expectations, you are most likely a good candidate for this procedure.
Revision breast surgery is not a simple surgery; it does require specific expertise in dealing with problems that may arise with implants or breast tissue itself over time.
It is important to note that it is that much more difficult to achieve results that were possible in the first operation at the second or third operation and therefore it is important to have realistic expectations before embarking on this. However, with right expertise good results can be achieved even with some of the most difficult problems.
Discuss your requirements with the team at our clinics to find out how we can best serve you. The Breast & Body Clinic maintains locations across Sydney’s east and inner west, and in the Southern Highlands, making getting the advice and help you need simple and convenient. Find us in:
- Potts Point
- Bella Vista
Call us on (02) 9819 7449 or send us your questions via email at firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll get back to you as soon as possible.
Revision Breast Surgery Before and After examples:
DR MICHAEL YUNAEV
“Dr Michael Yunaev is an Oncoplastic Breast, General and Cosmetic Surgeon and is the Principal Doctor at Breast & Body Clinic. Dr Yunaev is a highly trained Surgeon with extensive experience and passion for treatment of all aspects of Breast Cancer Surgery, Benign and Congenital Breast Disease and Aesthetic Breast and Body Surgery, as well as General Surgery.”
DR YUNAEV SPECIALISES IN THE FOLLOWING PROCEDURES: