Breast Augmentation procedures are performed for many different reasons, but the aim is to enlarge the size of the bust. This addresses many different reasons why women may choose to have this operation such as droopy breasts, breast asymmetry, tuberous breasts, self-confidence and social acceptance issues.
There are several components that combine together to provide an appealing aesthetic result. These include the technique for the breast augmentation your surgeon chooses to use, the type of implant used, as well as the underlying problem being corrected by this procedure, i.e. What you are born with.
The operation can be done in several different ways all with their own pros and cons and the selection of the preferred approach requires a personalized discussion with the Surgeon, after a thorough clinical assessment.
In Brief, these include an implant positioned:
- Under the breast gland itself and above the pectoralis muscle
- Completely under the pectoralis muscle
- Partially under the pectoralis muscle and partially under the breast gland only, this is called Dual Plane.
- The substance of the implants nowadays is made of either cohesive silicon gel or saline filled implants.
In Australia, we use mostly silicon gel implants at present. The surface of the implants can be either textured or smooth, both of which have their pros and cons. Most importantly, the shape of the implants can be either anatomic (teardrop) or round. This can significantly affect the type of aesthetic breast look that we can achieve.
Lastly, the most important factor is what the surgeon has to work with, that is what you are born with. Does this include underdeveloped breast tissue, does it include tuberous breasts, does it include droopy breasts or asymmetric breasts etc.?
All of these increase the level of complexity of the surgery and therefore technical skill required to achieve a pleasing aesthetic result.
At the Breast and Body Clinic, we aim to produce a long-lasting difference in our patient’s lives with long-standing and natural results and to meet or exceed your expectations.
Before you decide on breast augmentation with implants, there are some important issues to keep in mind:
- Breast augmentation does not correct droopy breasts. A breast augmentation with lift (an operation to remove loose, excess skin that often involves shifting the nipple position) may be required as well
- Breast implants may affect your ability to breastfeed
- Breast implants are not guaranteed to last a lifetime and future surgery may be required to replace one or both implants
- Smokers are at increased risk of complications from any surgery. If you are serious about undergoing cosmetic surgery, you should try to quit smoking
Breast augmentation may be a good option for you if:
- You are physically healthy
- You have realistic expectations
- Your breasts are fully developed
- You are bothered by the feeling that your breasts are too small
- You are dissatisfied with your breasts losing shape and volume after pregnancy, weight loss, or with ageing
- Your breasts vary in size or shape
- One or both breasts failed to develop normally
Remember that the shape and size of your breasts before surgery will influence the surgical procedure and the outcome.
All procedures performed by Dr Michael Yunaev are carefully tailored to each patient’s individual needs. Therefore, it’s difficult to provide a generic breast augmentation cost, as costs can vary from operation to operation.
A precise surgical quote is given to each patient after consultation with Dr Yunaev, once the patient needs have been fully assessed. Based on this assessment, the patient will be provided with an individual and personalised surgical quote.
The below prices are just an estimate price range for a Breast Augmentation procedure:
Breast Augmentation surgery indicative price range: from $11,000 to $13,500.
Additionally, some procedures may be eligible for a private health fund rebate. This can be discussed at a consultation, and will also vary from case to case. For more information, or to arrange an appointment, please contact us here.
DR MICHAEL YUNAEV
“Dr Michael Yunaev is an Oncoplastic Breast, General and Cosmetic Surgeon and is the Principal Doctor at Breast & Body Clinic. Dr Yunaev is a highly trained Surgeon with extensive experience and passion for treatment of all aspects of Breast Cancer Surgery, Benign and Congenital Breast Disease and Aesthetic Breast and Body Surgery, as well as General Surgery.”
DR YUNAEV SPECIALISES IN THE FOLLOWING PROCEDURES: